One of my colleagues keeps telling me about the school admission procedures which are actually bugging her family for long. An year back, when she went for the admission of her cousin brother (nursery) she was told that the child was 2 months younger than the registered age i.e. 3 years. And, now her brother is 2 months over age. They were worried and paid Rs.3000 to get the changed birth certificate to come to know later that a few parents knocked the door of High Court and complained against the schools. High Court declared that schools are not allowed to decide the maximum age while minimu age will still be 3 years to get the admission in nursery. They are a little relaxed now but no admission yet.
1. My colleague told me that everybody just register to this website www.schooladmissions.in to get the latest news and to know about the policies of school admissions in New Delhi. So, I'd request you to register to this website and stay updated.
2. You should also know one fact that schools have recently started asking you to buy school brochures along with form and they have made it compulsory. It is not compulsory and do not pay for that.
3. Some schools have declared that parents have to be literate and must have certain degrees and certificates. Not necessary. If you know of someone who is not literate and they are being misguided by the schools - please help them.
4. School admission forms are often sold for free or for Rs.10 or 25. Do not pay so much for the form and make sure you investigate before you pay.
5. Do not give in and do not give up. Our society has suffered a lot and still suffering. We are to make it clean and remove corrupt people out of the system. Do not keep quiet. Fight for your rights!!
Hope I was able to help you somehow because I was able to help myself by writing this.
Wish you luck and best wishes for your kid's admission!!
Disclaimer: This information is best to me knowledge and as read on www.schooladmissions.in. Thanks to my colleage Miss VC who helped me clear my doubts.
To know more, please read my Disclosure Policy.
Enjoyed this? Get blog posts via email:
Powered by ETB